Kids of the Kingdom Episcopal School is required under the law to maintain compliance with all local and state Department of Health regulations including but not limited to reporting communicable diseases in children and employees, maintaining a hygienic environment and proper storage and service of food items. Our staff is required to comply with all posted and expressed policies and procedures to ensure compliance with Department of Health regulations. Our staff will always keep the health and safety of all children, parents, and co-workers as a priority.
- are trained in CPR.
- have a current background check on file completed through The Episcopal Diocese of West Texas and SPIS.
- have completed the Safeguarding God's Children (SGC) training program.
Listed below are examples of health and safety practices that we follow at all times:
- Washing staff and children’s hands as outlined in the Texas Minimum Standards for Child Care Centers
- Wearing gloves when handling bodily fluids
- Making others aware of freshly mopped floors
- Never being the only adult in the building
- Following child/staff ratios as outlined in the Texas Minimum Standards for Child Care Centers
- Disinfecting toys and equipment on a regular basis
- Being aware of children's food allergies and how to handle food allergy emergencies
- Participating in emergency plans as needed to protect the children, staff and parents in the program